From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: enhancing the plugin lifecycle for ios
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 05:00:24 GMT
It is not the matter of it being enough -- we want this so the plugin
"init" code can be outside of applicationDidFInishLaunching, and
handled by the plugin itself. Think of upgrades for plugins.

I agree that startup time can be critical -- on iOS at least we can
async load the plugins, although I would say in that case the
"deviceready" event is not entirely true, not all the plugins are
ready yet. We could leave the onus on to the dev in choosing plugins
that don't hog startup time, and also have a "watchdog" loader that
could kill loading any plugins that take up too much time.

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Ally Ogilvie <aogilvie@wizcorp.jp> wrote:
> +1 lazy load.
> Start up times can be critical to some apps.
> Booting a plugin from device ready() in JS or init /
> applicationDidFinishLaunchBlah in iOS is not enough for someone?
>

> On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 7:14 AM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
>
>> Koolaide, I added a subtask.
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > We  have https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-1108 for 2.3.0