From Shazron <shaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IOS6 LocalStorage filesystem target location.
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 17:55:02 GMT
To recap:

iOS 6 indeed does solve this problem with the NSUserDefaults key
"WebKitStoreWebDataForBackup" - which I think the web data is stored
in Library/Caches as changed by iOS 5.1.

iOS 5.1 it is stored in Library/Caches thus it is not backed up -
that's why we backed it up to the Documents/Backups folder (and backed
up/restore to /Library/Caches). We do _not_ set the
NSURLIsExcludedFromBackupKey on the Documents/Backups folder, if the
dev wanted to, they can do so using the File API's
FileEntry.setMetadata function.

CB-1561 (Apple rejection) could be solved by them setting the metadata
bit. But if they want it to be backed up by iCloud they shouldn't do
set that bit - but then if they _don't_ set that bit -- rejection.

Upgrading from iOS 5.1 to 6 shouldn't be a problem since ultimately
the database locations are still in Library/Caches -- we just need to
set the NSUserDefaults key.

This is solved by iOS 6, but we don't have a clear answer for iOS 5.1
(besides upgrading to iOS 6) -- our original fix is not tenable
anymore (http://phonegap.com/2012/04/18/ios-5-1-and-the-embedded-uiwebview-with-cordova/)