From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: moving towards semantic versioning for cordova?
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 10:37:37 GMT
I personally don't think semver really did fix anything in ruby-land
(but thats my opinion). Ruby has a crummy package system.The only one
worse is Pythons.

Anyhow, I added a little bit about our releases in the wiki [1] and a
much longer post to the phonegap blog [2] to help folks better
understand the rational. To echo Fil, I don't think we have the luxury
of knowing when something breaks given the cat and mouse nature of the
project relationship to mobile operating system vendors.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/CuttingReleases
[2] http://phonegap.com/2012/04/12/rolling-releases-how-apache-cordova-becomes-phonegap-and-why/