From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: capabilities api
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2012 00:39:55 GMT
plus there could be more than one camera accessing api (and there is!)

kinda like the flat bool property approach you propose shaz. the
calling code would be clean. worried we're going to end up throwing
lots of shit on that pile. also not sure what the perf impact would be
like. (presumably these are blocking calls which kinda sucks.)

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Shazron <shazron@gmail.com> wrote:
> So... if the device is capable of something (say front and back
> camera) and we don't enable the Camera plugin, one can't query for it?
> This is more of a device thing I think than a Camera API thing. Can't
> think of a scenario besides diagnostics though...
>
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 5:23 PM, Jesse <purplecabbage@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ask the camera API, not the device! Otherwise we will surely be
>> screwed with every new capability that ever comes out ...
>>
>> window.device.camera.capabilities// returns ... an array? an integer?
>>
>> or
>>
>> window.device.camera.supports("frontfacingcamera"); // boolean
>>
>> window.device.capture.supports("h264recording");
>>
>> Since the Camera is really just a plugin to us, we should just be
>> defining a way for a plugin to describe it's capabilities on a
>> particular device.
>>
>> My 2 cents, ... back to parental leave ...
>>
>> Cheers,
>>   Jesse
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 5:16 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
>>> ya. slippery ground. the orig query, and valid one at that imo, is how
>>> to find out if we have any camera, or two.
>>>
>>> window.device.capabilities.camera // returns ... an array? an integer?

We are

 It should