From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: Best practices for contributing near a release boundary
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2012 22:30:43 GMT
Create a topic branch with only the proposed changes. Ideally, a
collection of small commits. Send pull request to our Github mirror to
notify us (or send an email to the list). Likely Shaz, but really any
another committer focusing on iOS can review, and merge. (Making sure
you've signed the CLA, etc.) More info on our wiki here. [1]

Might be a good idea to open discussion of the nature of the
improvements. Could be we do want to land them before 2.2!

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/ContributorWorkflow

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Kevin Hawkins <khawkins@salesforce.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got a couple of "Improvements" I'd like to contribute to the iOS side of the Cordova
project.  However, I know we're super close to the 2.2 release boundary, and I don't feel
strongly that these changes would need to be in 2.2-actually, I feel strongly that, process-wise,
this is *not* the time to commit feature updates in a release cycle, at least to the imminent
release.

> So what's the best course of action here?  Would it be better to attach git patches to
the Improvement items I create?  Or some other approach?