From Brian>
Subject capabilities api
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 21:25:08 GMT
Community member Ian has noticed our lack of a capabilities api, and
ignoring the snipe at our foresight, I do agree its a missing piece in
the web platform. [1]

There is some prior art.

- Media queries have a couple of interesting APIs (matchMedia [2],
window.devicePixelRatio, and potentially a future
- Flash has a comprehensive capabilities API. [3]
- The W3C has a somewhat unwieldy take on this issue. [4]  It should
be noted that a new working group at the w3c called sysapps will be
addressing this.
- Tizen has a System Info API (which I'd link to but cannot).

Does anyone have any thoughts on how we should structure / develop out
the ability for our users to query the device capbilities?

View raw message