From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject sweet.js and TypeScript
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 12:14:03 GMT
There was some chit-chat on Twitter this weekend about using the sweet.js
[1] macro processor in Cordova.  Somehow.  Not quite sure how.  Also, a - I
believe trolling - mention of using TypeScript [2].  Somehow.

I'd be interested in hearing more about either.

w/r/t TypeScript - note that Isaac Schlueter has mentioned using TypeScript
with node.js [3]:

    "It’d be a great idea to write up a TypeScript header file
    for the API surface in Node. Then, we could automatically
    test for API deviations, validate and flesh out our
    documentation, etc. Static typing does confer some very
    relevant value."

I spent a frustrating couple of hours writing code with TypeScript - didn't
come away impressed; but as an interface definition language - maybe. Not
sure what the reflective capabilities are there in terms of the output tho.

[1] http://sweetjs.org/
[2] http://www.typescriptlang.org/
[3] http://blog.izs.me/post/32697104162/thoughts-on-typescript

--