From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IOS6 LocalStorage filesystem target location.
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 16:30:05 GMT
Seems to me this is a wider-than-just-iOS issue.  Does/will someone have a
"cloud" for Android, like Apple does for iOS?  Or what about using Dropbox
ET AL.

I see these axes:

- storage interface - localStorage, webSQL, File, IndexedDB, ET AL
- storage persistence - "to the cloud!", "you can delete it, I'll
repopulate from the server as need be", "pretty please, don't delete it",
"under no circumstances delete it", ET AL

Bolting stuff onto the existing interfaces to handle level of persistence
seems wrong.  Maybe an orthogonal interface:

class StorageStrategerizer {
    typedef string Strategy;

    Strategy getStorageStrategy(storageType, storageName?)

    Strategy setStorageStrategy(storageType, storageName?, strategy)
}

Anything going on here in W3C, IETF, HTML5, ET AL re: this kind of thing?

Maybe queue up a wiki page to strategerize on the topic?

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org