From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Nomination of VP for Cordova
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2012 16:03:59 GMT
On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 4:51 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>wrote:

> Some projects have something like a yearly rotation, while others keep
> a VP until he or she wants to resign.

> See also http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#pmc-chair.
> The main thing to remember here is that the PMC chair (V.P.) has no
> bigger say on project matters than any other member of the PMC. The
> role is more secretarial in nature.

It might be nice then, to have us make this a yearly rotation thing - so
one person doesn't feel stuck with the role, if they get tired of it - a
year-long term sounds about right.

OTOH, I don't have a problem with someone taking this role long-term as
well, if they're enjoying it.

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org