From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: IOS6 LocalStorage filesystem target location.
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 17:14:52 GMT
You're right that there are already many ways to sync to the cloud. I think
the only thing that makes iCloud different from other options is that it
doesn't (to the best of my knowledge) have an API that you can use, at
least not in the same way that others provide.

iCloud can't really be ignored, but it's so platform specific, that I don't
think it's meaningful to write a cross-platform abstraction for it. I think
we should document that apple has added a setting that makes webview's
storage back-up to iCloud, and make sure that we don't break if this
setting is enabled. Apps can also use the FileSystem API to put files in
spots that will be iCloud backed-up.