From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Notice: Notification of work on Notifications
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 17:59:58 GMT
I think probably the best thing to do is to just always return false for
webkitNotifications.checkPermission() on iOS when the app is in the
foreground.

Any custom UI we attempt will likely not appease developers. Let them
implement their own in-app notification area if that's what they want.

If the app *is* in the background, then return true
for webkitNotifications.checkPermission().

On a related note, trying to implement a background app on iOS might be a
fun experiment. Maybe a music player?