From Andrew Grieve <>
Subject Re: capabilities api
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 19:44:50 GMT
I like device.capabilities or directly on device.

Maybe a naming convention would be a good idea for the different types of

Figuring out the properties might take some time. e.g. we may not need a
bool for frontFacingCamera, but instead:

capabilities.cameras = [ { direction = {'front'/'rear'/'external'},
'resolution': '1.2MP' }] // an empty array if no cameras
capabilities.frontCamera = ref to the first cameras entry with
direction='front', or null
capabilities.rearCamera = ref to the first cameras entry with
direction='rear', or null

Other examples:
capabilities.locationSensors = [{type:'gps'},{type:'wifi'}]
capabilities.gps = ref to {type:'gps'}

Do we want any information about the current state of sensors? E.g.
bluetooth currently enabled/disabled. My vote would be no, and that this
kind of info should be the responsibility of a bluetooth plugin.