From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: sweet.js and TypeScript
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 14:05:09 GMT
Sounds like a fun discussion :)

There are two things about sweet.js that make me iffy about it:
1. Looks like it might make our code look not like JS, and contributors
would need to learn a new language to figure out what's going on
2. It might make it easier to write bloated code

I think if we really wanted something like sweet.js, something like
Traceur<http://code.google.com/p/traceur-compiler/wiki/LanguageFeatures>might
be a better place to start.

I'm well accustomed to writing typed JS from my past experience with
Closure Compiler. I haven't looked enough at TypeScript yet to know which
tool might give better type checking, but if people are interested in type
checking, it'd be worth considering Closure Compiler as well.