From Bryan Bishop <kanz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: plugin analysis
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 21:38:26 GMT
On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Jesse <purplecabbage@gmail.com> wrote:

> - moving to individual repos would destroy commit histories for
> plugins ( so we should minimize the number of times we move them )

Not true at all! There is excellent support in git for surgically
extracting the commit history of a subfolder and all of its source code. I
do this all the time when I recover dying things from the hands of
oblivion. It involves a call to "git filter-branch".

uh off the top of my head, this looks close:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/359424/detach-subdirectory-into-separate-git-repository

Anyway, I don't have a strong opinion either way, just don't write off the
option for technical reasons :-).

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507