From Kevin Hawkins <khawk...@salesforce.com>
Subject RE: A couple of proposed updates to the iOS Cordova library
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 05:33:22 GMT
For 2), what I was looking at was a well-known/documented localization key that, if the dev
added to his/her Localizable.strings file(s), would override the default string.  And in the
absence of it, the default string would be used.  Such a change wouldn't require any changes
to the existing method signature for [CDVWhitelist errorStringForURL:].  So, for instance
the user would define a value in en.lproj/Localizable.strings like:

/* My customized whitelist rejection string.  'CDVWhitelistRejectionFormatString' is well-known.
*/
"CDVWhitelistRejectionFormatString" = "Trying to go to %@?  What's the matter with you?";

But your idea seems more flexible, as the user could override the suggested method, and then
provide whatever implementation he/she wanted.

Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Shazron [mailto:shazron@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2012 10:15 PM
To: callback-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: A couple of proposed updates to the iOS Cordova library

1) ok
2) something like:
     [CDVWhiteList errorStringWithFormat:(NSString*) format forUrl:(NSString*)url] ?

On Sun, Oct 21, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Kevin Hawkins <khawkins@salesforce.com> wrote:
> I have a couple of (minor) proposed updates to the iOS Cordova library.  I have code
for these already, so they'd be easy enough to add.  It would be good to get feedback before
pulling the trigger, though.

> 1)      Add a [CDVPluginResult resultWithStatus:messageAsBool:] method to the existing
plugin result convenience methods.

> 2)      In [CDVWhitelist errorStringForURL:], allow the returned message to be overridden
by a consuming app with a (localized) custom format string in their app.