From Josh Soref <jso...@rim.com>
Subject RE: capabilities api
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 16:06:34 GMT
For his specific requirement "I need to know if there's a camera", certainly the camera API
could choose not to be available if there's no camera, and merely:

window.device.camera == false ?

or wherever cordova puts the camera.

A capabilities API is absolutely overkill for his requirements.

(And yes, that W3 RDF monstrosity is too, but that's no reason to even look at it...)

If the requirement is "I want to be able to lazy load the camera plugin, and only if there's
a camera available", that seems to violate the plugin model, and the response should be "we
promise to try to make the camera module load/fail quickly if there are no cameras available".

and may be unlawful.