From cpojer <...@git.apache.org>
Subject incubator-cordova-ios pull request: [CB-1669] Issue an error when media.sta...
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 01:34:22 GMT
GitHub user cpojer opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-cordova-ios/pull/60

    [CB-1669] Issue an error when media.startRecord() is failing.

    See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-1669 for reference.

    This change returns an error if the recording cannot be successfully started.

    According to the documentation AVAudioRecorder.record returns a boolean whether the recording
was actually started properly or not ( https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/AVFoundation/Reference/AVAudioRecorder_ClassReference/Reference/Reference.html
).

    Note: I have not been able to reproduce the exact bug in CB-1669. I have used invalid
recording settings and I was able to reproduce the same behavior (title bar turns red, similar
errors in the device log). With this fix, the web app will be informed of recording issues
before stopRecord is being called.

    I haven't written a lot of Obj-C so far, please feel free to comment on my code and let
me know of any other changes that are required for this to go in.

    $ git pull https://github.com/cpojer/incubator-cordova-ios cb-1669

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-cordova-ios/pull/60.patch

----
commit 22f0fb9077dfb5604390516634192448c32b3a67
Author: cpojer <christoph.pojer@gmail.com>
Date:   2012-10-17T18:27:47-07:00