incubator-callback-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Patrick Mueller (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (CB-1666) [weinre] "INVALID_STATE_ERR: DOM Exception 11" with chbrody/Cordova-SQLitePlugin
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 12:26:05 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-1666?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13478946#comment-13478946
] 

Patrick Mueller commented on CB-1666:
-------------------------------------

Noticed you're using modal prompts in your UI.  Not great.  The amount of time weinre will
(by default) wait to hear back from a target before deciding it's dead is 15 sec.  Use "weinre
--?" and look at --deathTimeout.

You can up that timeout to a few minutes, or something.  Downside is that dead targets won't
get marked as dead till that long, and will litter your Targets list in the Remote panel of
weinre.

Working modally like that, was difficult to keep weinre connected, and the workflow for hitting
the link then the alert made turn-around per test too long.  I changed to update a <span>
I added to the doc, and was able to run the test repeatedly without any issues.

Think I'll chalk this fix up as a winner.
                
> [weinre] "INVALID_STATE_ERR: DOM Exception 11" with chbrody/Cordova-SQLitePlugin
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CB-1666
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-1666
>             Project: Apache Cordova
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: weinre
>    Affects Versions: 2.1.0
>         Environment: OS X Lion 10.7.4, Google Chrome 22.0.1229.94, iOS6 iPhone Simulator
>            Reporter: Christiaan van Zyl
>            Assignee: Patrick Mueller
>         Attachments: weinre_test.html
>
>
> When using weinre with Cordova-SQLitePlugin we get a javascript error:
> "INVALID_STATE_ERR: DOM Exception 11: An attempt was made to use an object that is not,
or is no longer, usable. File: http://192.168.1.169:1337/target/target-script-min.js?_=1350463351336
Line Number: 2794"
> Above line number corresponds to the function NetworkRequest.prototype.handleDone in
target-script-min.js.
> As a work around I have just wrapped a try catch and made it fail silently:
> NetworkRequest.prototype.handleDone = function() {
>     try {
>         var description, sourceString, status, statusText, success, time;
>         sourceString = this.xhr.responseText;
>         Weinre.wi.NetworkNotify.setInitialContent(this.id, sourceString, "XHR");
>         time = Date.now() / 1000.0;
>         status = this.xhr.status;
>         if (status === 0) {
>             status = 200;
>         }
>         statusText = this.xhr.statusText;
>         success = status >= 200 && status < 300;
>         if (success) {
>             return Weinre.wi.NetworkNotify.didFinishLoading(this.id, time);
>         } else {
>             description = "" + status + " - " + statusText;
>             return Weinre.wi.NetworkNotify.didFailLoading(this.id, time, description);
>         }
>     } catch (e) {
>         return;
>     }
> };

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

Mime
View raw message