incubator-callback-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Braden Shepherdson (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (CB-1601) Android contact update breaks addressbook
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 19:30:03 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-1601?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13472662#comment-13472662
] 

Braden Shepherdson commented on CB-1601:
----------------------------------------

Okay, I tried to reproduce this. I used the Android simulator running 2.3.3. It had no contacts,
I created one using the native app that had a name and phone number. I checked that I could
retrieve the contact (I can) and then edited the phone number from my Cordova code. It returned
the success callback. I then checked the native contacts app, and it showed the list fine.
I opened the contact, and it showed the updated phone number, no crash.

Samsung likes to put their own mediocre software on the Galaxy S line of phones, is this not
the same native contact book? Perhaps you edited a field and inserted malformed data? Perhaps
it's a problem with a different field?

We need more details to solve this:
- Which native contacts app?
- What fields are you updating?
- Can we see the updates you're making? Check the documentation to make sure they're structured
properly.

Otherwise I'll close this as Can't Reproduce.
                
> Android contact update breaks addressbook 
> ------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CB-1601
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-1601
>             Project: Apache Cordova
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: Android
>    Affects Versions: 2.1.0
>         Environment: Baseband : IG9100GXXKL4 (Galaxy S2)
> Kernel : 2.6.35.7
> Android: 2.3.6
>            Reporter: Olivier Louvignes
>            Assignee: Braden Shepherdson
>              Labels: contacts
>
> When updating a contact on the device itself (no Google account), it does seems to work,
but when checking inside the native contact app, the addressbook crashes when you select a
contact (android.process.acore crashes).
> This does only happen when using update.
> After the first create, contacts are working and can be browsed. However if I update
any of them with the same information I'll get the acore crash.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

Mime
View raw message