From Clemens Wyss <clemens...@mysign.ch>
Subject AW: apache-cordova - FileReader#readAsTextFile throws OOM when reading local file
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 15:00:29 GMT
Simon, thx for your reply.
But why then can I download the "same amount" to my device and then save it? Anda t the very
same time the content (being json) is decoded into RAM ...
Only when trying to load from FS I get the OOM ...

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Simon MacDonald [mailto:simon.macdonald@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 6. September 2012 16:56
An: callback-dev@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: apache-cordova - FileReader#readAsTextFile throws OOM when reading local file

It's just too much memory for the HTC Desire to handle. Each application has a piece of the
system memory on the HTC Desire the RAM is 384 MB while on the Samsung Galaxy S2 has 1 GB
or RAM. I'm making the assumption that the available memory for each application is much smaller
on the HTC device as it has one third the memory of the Samsung and that's probably why you
are getting the OOM exception.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald