From Clemens Wyss - MySign AG <clemens.w...@mysign.ch>
Subject apache-cordova - FileReader#readAsTextFile throws OOM when reading local file
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 12:21:17 GMT
Hi all (me being new to this mailinglist),

Context:
cordova 2.0-app on my HTC Desire (Android 2.3.7)
jQuery 1.7.1
jQuery.mobile 1.1.1

I try to read a json file (2.5MB) from my HTC Desire.
fileReader.readAsTextFile(...) throws an out of memory exception.
Is 2.5M "too much"?

Thx
Clemens

Note 1:
I am able to download the very file (through $.ajax) and save it locally using FileWriter.
Could it be that in "this case" the file is being streamed and not completely read into RAM?

Note 2:
Having no problem on a Samsung Galaxy2 with Andorid 4.03