From Filip Maj <...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: plugin tooling/specification
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 19:17:36 GMT
Another good example of this use case is modifying an iOS app to register
for push notifications. You need to change code in the AppDelegate to do
this.

The use case for formalizing/automating this is something in the plugin
spec like a giant block of code inside an xml tag. That doesn't sound cool
:(

E.g.

<code target="AppDelegate.m">
// Delegation methods
- (void)application:(UIApplication *)app
didRegisterForRemoteNotificationsWithDeviceToken:(NSData *)devToken {
    const void *devTokenBytes = [devToken bytes];
    self.registered = YES;
    [self sendProviderDeviceToken:devTokenBytes];
    // custom method
}

</code>

.. And then we'd need escaping of characters in the xml.. Blarghhh

>> Our goal should be to make it so that the only path to modifying
>> generated native bits should be either plugins, or upgrades to cordova
>> config.xml.

This plus a million.