From Andrew Lunny <alu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: plugin tooling/specification
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 00:20:23 GMT
Thanks for taking a stab at all this Mike - I've been on vacation, so I'm
just catching up on everything now.

A few points:

* pluginstall is not going to be a part of Apache Cordova any time soon.
It's a dependency of the PhoneGap Build web service, and we often need to
iterate quickly on features. If it reaches a point of much greater
stability, we may consider donating it to the ASF, but it's not there yet.
* that said, it's all liberally licensed, and cordova-client is free to
depend on it, or a fork of it
* I think the plugin-spec should remain separate from pluginstall -
pluginstall may implement features that aren't generally useful for all
plugin authors/users, and the spec may have suggestions that pluginstall
ignores. I don't think there's a ton of benefit for conflating the two. The
pluginstall README links directly to the spec - perhaps the spec can link
to pluginstall also, if the current structure is confusing
* again, the plugin-spec is liberally licensed and can be reproduced, in
full or in a modified form, in the Cordova docs or on the Apache wiki

On 11 September 2012 14:59, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:

> Agree with everything that's been said in here.
>
> I will merge this stuff into the labs cordova-client tree.
>
> Thanks Michal + Mike!
>
> On 9/11/12 1:16 PM, "Mike Reinstein" <reinstein.mike@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Dang, my markdown editor (Mou) has this nasty habit of auto-closing all
> >open brackets immediately. Anyway, good catches, pushed fixes for all 3.
> >
> >-Mike
> >
> >On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org>
> wrote:
> >
> >> I no longer see missing commits, very odd!  I assume that they had just
> >> backed up from some older version in time and rolled changes forward or
> >> something..
> >>
> >> Anyway, final comments:
"<id> [")
> >> * "scordova" -- spurious 's'
> >> * also noticed a missing space in the file and directory structure ascii
> >> tree before ".cordova/" (trivial detail, I know!)
> >>
> >> -Michal
> >>

> >> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 1:48 PM, Mike Reinstein
> >><reinstein.mike@gmail.com

> >> (*cough*
> >>recently
> >> > >>

> >>https://github.com/mreinstein/incubator-cordova-labs/tree/cordova-client

> [...]