From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] Apache Cordova 2.1.0
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2012 22:30:30 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 11:31 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll follow up with the proper release process in a moment, [...]

Here's the sequence of steps that's needed. It's a bit rich in
ceremony, but that's required for the legal protections of the ASF to
kick in (i.e. the release becomes an act of the foundation instead of
an individual release manager).

1. You prepare the release candidate (the source package and
associated signatures, etc.). This we already have.
2. You start a VOTE thread on dev@. See [1] and [2] for good examples.
3. People review the release candidate and cast their votes
accordingly. See [3] and [4] for things to consider.
4. A majority of at least three +1 votes from the (P)PMC is needed for
the vote to pass.
4.1 In a normal TLP this would be sufficient, but in the Incubator an
extra vote round is needed, see [5].
4.2 To do this, start a vote on general@incubator.apache.org. See [6]
for a good recent example.
4.3 A majority of at least three +1 votes from the IPMC are needed for
the vote to pass.
5. You make the approved release available in under /dist and update
the project website to point to the new release
6. You announce the release to the world!

[1] http://markmail.org/message/fzmlzbvt3dgdpfrc
[2] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/stdcxx-dev/200601.mbox/%3c43C1C0A0.7040401@roguewave.com%3e
[3] http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release
[4] http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what-must-every-release-contain