From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Own. The. Camera.
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 18:19:00 GMT
Hey

I'm currently hacking on the UI. This really reminds me of why this
project exists in the first place.  I'm hoping to get a basic layout
working by the end of the day for phones.

We also need to implement the following:

 * AutoFocus
 * Zoom
 * Preview

I'm willing to not have preview, since this could be implemented in
HTML and Javascript by the developer, even though every camera app
that I've seen did have preview built-in so far.

Joe

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Simon MacDonald
<simon.macdonald@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just an update as I continue to work on this. I have the
> CameraActivity working with the following options:
>
> quality : any quality
> destinationType : DATA_URL or FILE_URI,
> sourceType : CAMERA or PHOTOALBUM
> allowEdit : N/A on Android
> encodingType: JPEG only
> targetWidth: any width
> targetHeight: any height
> mediaType: any media type
> popoverOptions: N/A on Android
> saveToPhotoAlbum: true or false
> correctOrientation: completely broken
>
> Things that need to be done include:
>
> 1) Figure out why the Camera class does not save any of the EXIF data
> with orientation being the most important so we can do
> correctOrientation properly.
> 2) Move a lot of the code in CameraLauncher into CameraActivity. That
> way we won't need to write a File in CameraActivity then read it in
> CameraLauncher. By working with the raw bytes in CameraActivity to do
> rotation/resizing/compression we should be able to save on memory.
> 3) Make the Camera GUI look so much nicer than my current utilitarian mode.
> 4) Move away from a camera layout file to putting the layout in code
> so we don't have to make Cordova a library project.
>
> Simon Mac Donald
> http://hi.im/simonmacdonald
>

> On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 8:50 PM, Simon MacDonald
> <simon.macdonald@gmail.com> wrote:
>> That should already be fixed by this commit:
>>
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cordova-android.git;a=commit;h=f78af9f27baa82a351fb4b8a317ad50d54d99e56
>>
>> Simon Mac Donald
>> http://hi.im/simonmacdonald
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 7:11 PM, Anis KADRI <anis.kadri@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Indeed.
>>>
>>> I got this with the latest target http://pastebin.com/wj11TGhh
>>>
>>> and the errors above with an old target and I then I recalled
>>> that renderscript.opt.level thingy. Anyway we can fix this for good ? I
>>> know it has nothing to do with the topic! :-)

Yohei