From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Android] Android versioning phase-out (2.1 and 3.x)??
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 18:32:09 GMT
Not quite yet. I think we should just say that we're not supporting
Android 3.x.  It doesn't mean that the software won't work on 3.x,
since we won't be changing targets like with 2.1, but we will have the
ability to close any 3.x bugs with "Won't Fix", which would be great.

Does that sound good?

Joe

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
> Sounds like a new thread :)
>
> On 9/18/12 11:23 AM, "Joe Bowser" <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>OK, How about we do the following:
>>
>>1. Announce that 2.1 will be dropped six months from now, as per our
>>deprecation policy
>>2. Keep support for Android 3.x for the time being and watch to see
>>the percentages drop
>>
>>Honestly, I think our deprecation policy is far too long, but given
>>how it was created, I understand the reason for it.  What do people
>>think?
>>
>>Joe

>>> This is a pain-point that I've felt many times. When I have found a
>>>device,
>>> there are enough "quirks" on the browser that it's not worth the
>>> development time to support the small percentage of users. Usually, I've
>>> end up supporting 2.3+.
>>>
>>> +1 for dropping 2.1.
>>>
>>> I'll abstain from voting on Honeycomb because I have very little
>>>experience
>>> with that tablet / Android OS.
>>>
>>> Michael

them to 4.0.3 :-)