From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Own. The. Camera.
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 18:04:04 GMT
Hey

I added zoom and fiddled with the UI so I could test zoom.  The UI
looks like ass but may be better once we get better assets.  The good
news is that we now have:

* AutoFocus
* Zoom

We need to lock orientation and config changes, because right now
they're crashing the camera.  Also, we still need to have a good way
to do previews.  But yeah, anyone who says that Native UI is better
clearly hasn't made a UI on Android.  Getting the slider to do what I
wanted took a while!!!!

Joe

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 9:49 AM, Simon MacDonald
<simon.macdonald@gmail.com> wrote:
> I merge our two streams here:
>
> https://github.com/macdonst/cordova-android/tree/camera2
>
> I'll have to look at pushing to Apache soon.
>
> Right now I can't seem to get the proper orientation of the picture
> which will screw a lot of things up.
>
> Simon Mac Donald
> http://hi.im/simonmacdonald
>

> On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 6:26 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey
>>
>> I have some preliminary UI work done up on my Camera branch:
>>
>> https://github.com/infil00p/callback-android/tree/camera
>>
>> There's quite a few issues with the Camera that I'm still trying to
>> hammer down.  I might start moving this into the JS, but I think that
>> we might want to talk about the UI and how to improve it.  Should the
>> camera button be larger, and should it be a picture of a camera? Does
>> this make sense? It'd be good to minimize the number of images used,
>> since I would rather not have to distribute images.
>>
>> I'll finish up auto-focus, but it'd be good if it would consistently
>> take a photo first. There seems to be an issue with the photo that's
>> coming back which is the issue.
>>
>> Also, would it make sense to move the branch onto a branch on the
>> Apache Cordova repo?
>>
>> Joe
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Simon MacDonald
>> <simon.macdonald@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Cool Joe. Thanks for the heads up on the UI. I kinda think we will
>>> need a preview as that is what folks expect.
>>>
>>> Simon Mac Donald
>>> http://hi.im/simonmacdonald

the camera code back in
or do any image