From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Own. The. Camera.
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 22:26:53 GMT
Hey

I have some preliminary UI work done up on my Camera branch:

https://github.com/infil00p/callback-android/tree/camera

There's quite a few issues with the Camera that I'm still trying to
hammer down.  I might start moving this into the JS, but I think that
we might want to talk about the UI and how to improve it.  Should the
camera button be larger, and should it be a picture of a camera? Does
this make sense? It'd be good to minimize the number of images used,
since I would rather not have to distribute images.

I'll finish up auto-focus, but it'd be good if it would consistently
take a photo first. There seems to be an issue with the photo that's
coming back which is the issue.

Also, would it make sense to move the branch onto a branch on the
Apache Cordova repo?

Joe

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Simon MacDonald
<simon.macdonald@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cool Joe. Thanks for the heads up on the UI. I kinda think we will
> need a preview as that is what folks expect.
>
> Simon Mac Donald
> http://hi.im/simonmacdonald
>

> On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Joe Bowser <bowserj@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey
>>
>> I'm currently hacking on the UI. This really reminds me of why this
>> project exists in the first place.  I'm hoping to get a basic layout
>> working by the end of the day for phones.
>>
>> We also need to implement the following:
>>
>>  * AutoFocus
>>  * Zoom
>>  * Preview
>>
>> I'm willing to not have preview, since this could be implemented in
>> HTML and Javascript by the developer, even though every camera app
>> that I've seen did have preview built-in so far.
>>
>> Joe
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Simon MacDonald
>> <simon.macdonald@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Just an update as I continue to work on this. I have the
>>> CameraActivity working with the following options:
>>>
>>> quality : any quality
>>> destinationType : DATA_URL or FILE_URI,
>>> sourceType : CAMERA or PHOTOALBUM
>>> allowEdit : N/A on Android
>>> encodingType: JPEG only
>>> targetWidth: any width
>>> targetHeight: any height
>>> mediaType: any media type
>>> popoverOptions: N/A on Android
>>> saveToPhotoAlbum: true or false
>>> correctOrientation: completely broken
>>>
>>> Things that need to be done include:
>>>
>>> 1) Figure out why the Camera class does not save any of the EXIF data
>>> with orientation being the most important so we can do
>>> correctOrientation properly.
>>> 2) Move a lot of the code in CameraLauncher into CameraActivity. That
>>> way we won't need to write a File in CameraActivity then read it in
>>> CameraLauncher. By working with the raw bytes in CameraActivity to do
>>> rotation/resizing/compression we should be able to save on memory.
>>> 3) Make the Camera GUI look so much nicer than my current utilitarian mode.
>>> 4) Move away from a camera layout file to putting the layout in code
>>> so we don't have to make Cordova a library project.
>>>
>>> Simon Mac Donald
>>> http://hi.im/simonmacdonald

Exif

Yohei