From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [2/2] spec commit: Adding different bridge benchmarking to the Automated Mobile Spec Tests
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 05:19:56 GMT
Hey

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 7:44 PM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org> wrote:
> Hey Joe,
>
> Wondering why make this into a jasmine test? Does it make the results more
> easily captured?

Yes, it also makes other known bugs glaringly obvious, like the
numerous bugs with JS_OBJECT and the Callback Server. Now, instead of
having to go through repro steps, I can just run this test.

It also makes it easier to run a small amount of tests on a wide range
of devices quickly instead of manually having to pick modes, and it in
theory could work with the Continuous Integration that we're hoping to
have in our office as well. I was doing testing on the HTC One X that
arrived on my desk and my results looked different enough from the
Galaxy Nexus that I wanted this. I was able to run through a
half-dozen Android devices to see if the results on this end were
similar to the ones that you had in the ticket.

> Other thing I'm wondering is if this should use some JS reflection to detect
> the available bridge modes since they are different on iOS and non-existant
> on others (mobile-spec tests are supposed to work on all platforms correct?)

It probably would make sense for the bridges to be enumerated for
readability.  So far, only iOS and Android have configurable bridges,
right?  I think this test make sense here, but not added to the "Run
All Tests" page.