From Anis KADRI <anis.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: plugin tooling/specification
Date Sun, 16 Sep 2012 02:23:23 GMT
On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 5:32 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:

> >Ohhh I think I understand. So basically it packages the www resources into
> >the binary at build time?
>
> Correct. Each platform's underlying implementation has its own "www"
> folder. At build time, the top-level www of your project gets copied into
> each platform before doing a compile for that platform.
>
> >> platforms/xxx/www gets destroyed and recreated on every build. See
> >> here<http://bit.ly/PFKQvS>.
> >> It's needed to build packages for every platform. It could arguably be
> >> destroyed after every build though. Fil is there a reason why that's not
> >> the case ?
>
> That is the case is it not? Line 57?
>
> Or do you mean, we should delete the platforms/<platform>/www (or
> equivalent) after building?

Yes that's what I meant.

> If the latter, I don't see the point.

To avoid confusion. The reason why we're discussing this is because Mike
got confused after seeing the root www and a www in each platform
subfolder. There is also no reason to keep them around since they get
destroyed before every build anyway. So maybe they should just get
destroyed _after_ every build. You'd just recursively copy the folder
before every build. I don't really care either way. Just trying to avoid
the "Where do I drop my code?" scenario.