From Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Own. The. Camera.
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 18:13:00 GMT
Just an update as I continue to work on this. I have the
CameraActivity working with the following options:

quality : any quality
destinationType : DATA_URL or FILE_URI,
sourceType : CAMERA or PHOTOALBUM
allowEdit : N/A on Android
encodingType: JPEG only
targetWidth: any width
targetHeight: any height
mediaType: any media type
popoverOptions: N/A on Android
saveToPhotoAlbum: true or false
correctOrientation: completely broken

Things that need to be done include:

1) Figure out why the Camera class does not save any of the EXIF data
with orientation being the most important so we can do
correctOrientation properly.
2) Move a lot of the code in CameraLauncher into CameraActivity. That
way we won't need to write a File in CameraActivity then read it in
CameraLauncher. By working with the raw bytes in CameraActivity to do
rotation/resizing/compression we should be able to save on memory.
3) Make the Camera GUI look so much nicer than my current utilitarian mode.
4) Move away from a camera layout file to putting the layout in code
so we don't have to make Cordova a library project.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald