From Mike Reinstein <reinstein.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: plugin tooling/specification
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 02:12:13 GMT
> eventually we will move pluginstall into apache
Okay, I wasn't sure if that would happen, so I went with the slightly more
conservative assumption, that pluginstall might live separately from
cordova-client. But I get the impression this is a left-over notion from
when Andrew first built pluginstall and it wasn't clear then whether or not
it would take hold.

I've got an initial version of the merged documentation for the pluginstall
command line tool, and the specification doc. It's here
https://github.com/mreinstein/pluginstall

I've also added some comments on possible changes. Overall the doc is
pretty tight, so it's largely unchanged. Would really appreciate
constructive feedback on this. If it looks right I'll send a pull request
to alunny, and then proceed with merging cordova-client design doc into the
README on github.

-Mike

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:

> +1 !
>
> (I THINK) eventually we will move pluginstall into apache (assuming the
> authors are cool with that) so it will go 2 docs -> 1 doc.
>
> On 9/3/12 1:49 PM, "Brian LeRoux" <b@brian.io> wrote:
>
> >love it
> >
> >On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 7:13 AM, Mike Reinstein <reinstein.mike@gmail.com>
> >wrote:
> >> Ah ok, thanks for the clarification. I've had a chance to review the
> >>docs
> >> more carefully. I'm really impressed with how well written they are.
> >>What I
> >> *think* makes the most sense is to consolidate into fewer documents so
> >>that
> >> it's not necessary to look at so many seperate places. Here's what I
> >> propose:
> >> * merge the cordova-plugin-spec into the alunny/pluginstall README.md
> >> * merge the command line tooling design doc into the cordova-client
> >> README.md
> >> * pull apart the cordova/PluginDesign wiki page and merge parts of it
> >>into
> >> the above 2 docs
> >>
> >> I think what this gets us is 2 docs instead of 5, and it still maintains
> >> the nice loose coupling between alunny's pluginstall utility and the
> >>larger
> >> cordova-client. I'm assuming this separation was the original intent,
> >> rather than having one monolithic tool.
> >>
> >> Would love feedback on this, I don't want to waste time doing it and
> >>find
> >> out this isn't appropriate. :)

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cordova-labs.git;a=s

Currently the plugin