From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: Better real time communication
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 17:23:12 GMT
Jukka,

Thanks for clearing this up and answering our questions.

Summarizing what I am hearing: while many means of discussing contributions
to the project are fine, any "significant" decision making (use common
sense here) must give every community member a chance to voice opinions,
regardless of schedule, time zone, etc, and experience shows that the
Mailing List is the best place for that.

For smaller, isolated discussions, such as particular bugfixes or feature
brainstorming, it is perfectly reasonable to IM/irc etc.  If conversations
ever spiral into larger decision making, they should be looped back in to
the Mailing List.

So, because it is a personal preference of mine, I will work on adding a
bot which logs the #cordova irc channel (this is currently very low
traffic, as most users are in #phonegap, but perhaps contributors can start
hanging out here).  If there are ever any interesting conversations, it
will be easier to link to/search for them this way.  If this ever becomes a
problem, we can reinvestigate.

Thanks!

-Michal