From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: plugin tooling/specification
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 15:26:40 GMT
Maybe I am getting lost with all the urls/branches listed here (*cough*
surprise *cough), but it seems as though all the changes made recently have
been reverted (
https://github.com/mreinstein/incubator-cordova-labs/tree/cordova-client)?

Anyway, I agree with changing the wiki to point to these new instructions,
but am not sure where else those instructions may exist.

Anyway, good job Mike, instructions are looking good.

-Michal

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Mike Reinstein
<reinstein.mike@gmail.com>wrote:

> I'd like to propose we replace the contents of this wiki page
> http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/CommandLineToolingDesign  with a simple
> note
> that points at the correct url "This documentation has merged into
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-cordova-labs/tree/cordova-client"
>
> Are there any other copies of this doc in other places?  Other forks we can
> eliminate to reduce confusion?
>
> Has anyone heard from Andrew Lunny recently? I still have my change docs
> that I submitted as a pull request but havent gotten any feedback, and it
> seems like he hasn't been active on github in a few weeks. I'd prefer to
> get the changes for pluginstall merged in so I can remove my copy.
>
> -Mike
>
> On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 10:52 AM, Mike Reinstein
> <reinstein.mike@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > > Subcommand argument formats still look off a bit
> > Fixed
> >
> > > I think the $ is unneeded. All the other shell code
> > > examples don't include the leading shell character.
> >
> > Actually, the opposite. Every example did have leading $ except for the
> > first usage, which was inconsistent. But I agree $ is essentially just
> > noise and have removed all instances from the doc. :)
> >
> > It would be nice to clean up the Random notes section. I think there may
> > be some context associated with those chat discussion snippets that were
> > copy/pasted in, so expanding on those points would be helpful for
> everyone
> > else (including me.)
> >

> > On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Subcommand argument formats still look off a bit, I think they should
> look
> >> as follows:

> >> platform ls
> >> platform add <platform>
> >> platform remove <platform>
> >> plugin ls
> >> plugin add <path-to-plugin>   (NOTE: why use "path-to-" here? Seems
> >> inconsistant with the other examples of add/remove)
> >> plugin remove <plugin>
> >> build
> >> emulate
> >>

> >> Also, in the line "you can access the tool via $ cordova"  I think the $
> >> is
> >> unneeded.  All the other shell code examples don't include the leading
> >> shell character.  Alternatively we can add shell character to all the
> >> other
> >> shell command examples.

> >> Michal,
> >> >

> https://github.com/mreinstein/incubator-cordova-labs/tree/cordova-client