From Michal Mocny <mmo...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: plugin tooling/specification
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 19:21:05 GMT
Alright, I'll post my comments here for now, but I'll have to ponder over a
more scalable approach in the future.  (Im thinking that an online document
editor that sends all comments to ML and allows replies inline would work
really nice..).

* You will be able to access the client interface via: $ ./bin/cordova
* * suggest replacing ./ with $(CORDOVA_CLIENT_DIR)/

* Subcommands section
* * Typical unix manpage style is to use [] to surround optional arguments
<> to surround explanations and nothing for keywords.  Examples that need
fixing include:
* * * platform ls
* * * platform add <platform>
* * * etc
* * even if we aren't aiming for manpage style here, there
are inconsistencies

* * File and Directory Structure ascii tree diagram
* * * suggest appending / after directory names

* * ... it's assumed to be a 'backed in' platform/plugin. Otherwise, it's
assumed to be a URL to a gzipped tar archive...
* * * Not sure what 'backed in' means here, nor how to identify something
as not being backed in so as to fallback to gzipped tar
* * * Also wording sounds more like "else .. else" instead of "else if ..
else" (if that makes sense) :P

* * KewlApp directory structure ascii tree diagram
* * * based on my understanding of the text, the ios/android platforms
should be subdirs of platforms/ and there should also be a subdir listed in
plugins/

* * Running tests warning
* * * Perhaps explain how to bootstrap so as not to have failing tests
instead of assuming the reverse?

Also, I will look into bash completions in some spare cycles and if it
looks reasonable I may volunteer for the task.  I've been curious to learn
how those work :)

-Michal