incubator-callback-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Becky Gibson <gibson.be...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting Crash in Mobile-spec file tests on iOS 2.1.0rc2
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 18:07:19 GMT
Well, there definitely seem to be some memory errors lurking.   I modified
the exec code back to the iFrame and  and it takes longer for a problem to
occur (so that may have nothing to do with it).  If I run the auto file
tests several times, then run some other automated test, then go back to
the file tests, the file tests will fail (not crash) - it is like they
never finished cleaning up.   And eventually my screen will go blank - and
xcode tells me that coreAnimation allocation failed (perhaps trying to
display the UIWebView?).   Still debugging......
-becky


On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 2:53 PM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org> wrote:

> In the case I was hitting, it was a pretty obvious forgetting to nil check
> error. Fix commit:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cordova-ios.git;a=commit;h=e1781b0302ff51cb65581f08b783a420f6371ede
>
> I think in this case it would pass on the simulator but BAD_ACCESS
> on-device.
>
> I'm not seeing a failure in File related tests though. Tried going back &
> forth a few times on both iPhone 3gs and iPad2.
>
>
> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Andrew Grieve <agrieve@chromium.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Just tried this on my 3gs and got a BAD_ACCESS within FileTransfer upload
> > on my first try. Looking into it...
> >
> >
> > On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 12:20 PM, Becky Gibson <gibson.becky@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> I am getting an inconsistent crash when I run the automated mobile-spec
> >> file tests on the iOS simulator or my iPhone 4S.  Sometimes the tests
> run
> >> fine but others I get an EXEC_BAD_ACCESS.  Can someone else please test?
> >>  You may need to run the test multiple times (just go back out of a
> >> successful file test and try again - at most it only takes me 3 tries to
> >> crash).
> >>
> >> I tried setting breakpoints on execptions,  I also tried profiling with
> >> zombies but neither provided any useful info. It seems related to the
> file
> >> move tests - either with  *entry.move.fnp.file1 or
> *entry.move.dsp.srcDir
> >> as the src.  And of course, if I step through the code for those move
> test
> >> sin the debugger it doesn't crash.
> >>
> >> I'll try creating  a new project to see if that helps.
> >>
> >> -becky
> >>
> >
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message