From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: plugin tooling/specification
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 09:09:32 GMT
Consider this scenario. A developer generates a new Cordova project.
They then add, and subsequently modify, the generated native bits in
the platforms folder. Google changes something, perhaps how
AndroidManifest works. Or maybe Apple deprecates a library. The
developer now needs to regenerate their native bits in the platforms
folder. But they modified stuff---now, we could track their changes
but this would lead us down a path of either depending on or
implementing a revision control system (which we do not want to do).
Easiest path for us here, and open to alternatives of course, is that
we treat the native bits as throwaway compile junk.

This means more work for us. We have to stay on top of the stuff we're
painting over. But nobody said this project was easy! Interestingly,
none of Cordova is really all that technically hard (in hindsight).
Its just pain in the ass hard.