From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: plugin tooling/specification
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 06:07:05 GMT
TL;DR

+1 for building in functionality that clobbers the native bits every
time and treats them as a build artifact.

***
FWIW, this was the cause of bugs in the cordova prototype stuff I did.
Ppl would generate a native project, then modify the native bits,
while using the tools to copy in fresh WWW assets... then when an
upgrade happened everything was fucked.

Our goal should be to make it so that the only path to modifying
generated native bits should be either plugins, or upgrades to cordova
config.xml.

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 4:47 AM, Anis KADRI <anis.kadri@gmail.com> wrote:
> Right. In that case, we could make those cordova command tools slightly
> smarter ;)
>
> On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 7:29 PM, Filip Maj <fil@adobe.com> wrote:
>
>> Right. I'm ok with this but wanted to keep the exact cordova-powered
>> platform projects as untouched as possible, so you could cd into those
>> directories and do whatever you want (run usual cordova project commands,
>> compile, etc). So removing the www from there forces everyone to always go
>> through the tool.

See