From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject update to the roadmap
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 12:08:11 GMT
Hi everyone, I spent some time today gardening the wiki around the
roadmap [1] most notably publishing a tentative release schedule. Keep
in mind, we employ a release train wherein we ship a MINOR once a
month, upon consensus of course, aiming for an ultimate MAJOR in the
summer. That is to say, we ship features when they are ready, and not
to any specific date.

Please review it, and let your comments be known here on the list, so
we can plan/adjust accordingly. Our theme to close out 2012 is
finalizing workflow tools for plugin authoring, discovery,
installation, and removal. (In addition to new platforms and refined
APIs of course!)

In 2013, as long as the mayans were wrong, we'll be looking at the oft
discussed Core API Audit. The sheer enormity of this task requires
planning documentation of its own [2] and requires much more detail to
move forward. I'll be kicking up separate threads for each Core API in
the coming weeks.

As always: feedback pls!

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/RoadmapProjects
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/Core%20API%20Audit