From Brian LeRoux...@brian.io>
Subject Re: [Android] Distributing Drawable Resources - What is acceptable?
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 08:39:52 GMT
right, but then an upgrade happens... which can be hairy. ideally we
have a plugins, including core plugins, in a standard package format
and tools for installation and removal of these assets.

I know that sounds complex but really this is just copy->pasting a
bunch of files into the right places and updating any manifests that
need the pathing info b/c the vendor tools are too stupid to read a
fkn directory themselves.

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 10:27 AM, Jesse MacFadyen
<purplecabbage@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, that is possible, but the only benefit would be concatenating
> images.... At the price of vast complexity... IMHO
>
> Personally I think the images should be part of the end project. The
> framework supplies a default, simple generic version and app
> developers can replace a few images to get their own look.
>
> Cheers,
>   Jesse
>
> Sent from my iPhone6
>
> On 2012-09-26, at 1:15 AM, Mike Reinstein <reinstein.mike@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> These aren't images that would be used in HTML. We're talking
>>> about images that are used in the Java UI portions of the code
>>
>> Can we inline those assets similar to how base64 encoded data uris work in
>> html? I would imagine ios, android, blackberry, etc would allow for
>> declaring large byte arrays right in the code. Could those byte blobs then
>> be rendered into images in the various UIs?
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 3:58 AM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:
>>
>>> Not an ideal situation but we do need to address static assets in our
>>> plugin packages too.
>>>
>>> I don't think we ever thought camera was going to be easy...if
>>> anything this brings up a great test bed for plugin packaging anyhow.

It
>>> would
>>> rather

UI