From Patrick Mueller <pmue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Better real time communication
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 20:21:03 GMT
On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Michal Mocny <mmocny@chromium.org> wrote:

> Thanks for clearing this up and answering our questions.

One of the issues I've seen come up re: IRC is that, if we're logging it,
we should notify folks that we're logging it.  One of the ASF irc channels
goes to an extreme level of posting a message every few hours to the chat
indicating that it's being logged.  Personally, I think adding it to the
persistent "topic message" should be good enough.

The thinking being notifying people of logging is that some folks might not
realize it's logged, and say something they didn't want kept in a log.

I think posting the log on the ml is total overkill; I would certainly add
a gmail filter to move it somewhere else, for myself.  OTOH, would be nice
to have a per-day log archive available on the web somewhere.

--
Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org