From "Plaquette, Paul" <paul.plaque...@intel.com>
Subject Re: update to the roadmap
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 14:47:43 GMT
by "notifications" you mean "Push Notifications" sent by a server right?

the W3C notification API is about showing notifications and user
interaction on a device
for "Push notifications"  we could look at the Server Sent event from the
W3C
(by the way this is used in Tizen)

http://www.w3.org/TR/notifications/
http://www.w3.org/TR/eventsource/

regards,
Paul

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 2:08 PM, Brian LeRoux <b@brian.io> wrote:

> Hi everyone, I spent some time today gardening the wiki around the
> roadmap [1] most notably publishing a tentative release schedule. Keep
> in mind, we employ a release train wherein we ship a MINOR once a
> month, upon consensus of course, aiming for an ultimate MAJOR in the
> summer. That is to say, we ship features when they are ready, and not
> to any specific date.
>
> Please review it, and let your comments be known here on the list, so
> we can plan/adjust accordingly. Our theme to close out 2012 is
> finalizing workflow tools for plugin authoring, discovery,
> installation, and removal. (In addition to new platforms and refined
> APIs of course!)
>
> In 2013, as long as the mayans were wrong, we'll be looking at the oft
> discussed Core API Audit. The sheer enormity of this task requires
> planning documentation of its own [2] and requires much more detail to
> move forward. I'll be kicking up separate threads for each Core API in
> the coming weeks.
>
> As always: feedback pls!
>
> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/RoadmapProjects
> [2] http://wiki.apache.org/cordova/Core%20API%20Audit
> Intel Corporation SAS (French simplified joint stock company)
> Registered headquarters: "Les Montalets"- 2, rue de Paris,
> 92196 Meudon Cedex, France
> Registration Number:  302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
> Capital: 4,572,000 Euros

Paul Plaquette,
Senior Software Engineer
Intel Corporation SAS