From Andrew Grieve <agri...@chromium.org>
Subject Re: [Android] Is it cool if I did this in cordova-js in lib/android/exec.js?
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 23:01:35 GMT
I think it'd be better to change the default value here:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cordova-android.git;a=blob;f=framework/src/org/apache/cordova/NativeToJsMessageQueue.java;h=d2732c46213ac7ae786b5f1a850d42a078b2f6e4;hb=HEAD#l39

and here:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cordova-android.git;a=blob;f=framework/src/org/apache/cordova/NativeToJsMessageQueue.java;h=d2732c46213ac7ae786b5f1a850d42a078b2f6e4;hb=HEAD#l39

And get rid of the line you just added:
  69 function androidExec(success, fail, service, action, args) {
  70     // Set default bridge modes if they have not already been set.
  71     if (jsToNativeBridgeMode === undefined) {
  72         androidExec.setJsToNativeBridgeMode(jsToNativeModes.PROMPT);
  73     }
  74     androidExec.setNativeToJsBridgeMode(nativeToJsModes.ONLINE_EVENT);
  <<<< THIS ONE
  75

Since that prevents anyone from setting it to anything else. :P

Having the defaults set to it mean that there doesn't need to be an
explicit call to set the mode on start-up, so it will be faster.