From Daniel Kurka <kurka.dan...@gmail.com>
Subject Performane in FileAPI
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 15:57:24 GMT
Hello everyone,

in several situations I got frustrated with the performance of the phonegap File API. For
some time we have used XHR as a replacement for FileReader within phonegap apps.
I would really like to see the IO performance of phonegap to improve.
First step in that way might be to use XHR instead of the bridge.

To get this started I talked with Brian at Phonegap Day EU and he decided the best way to
do this is to actual get some data first, this is what CB-1478 is about.
So far it seems that we can make a major improvement on Android, BB. (other still need testing
though)

As Filip already pointed out some kind of benchmark should go into CI, so that we will not
regress at any point. What could I do about that?
Simon already proposed a patch which might work, but I wanted to get some feedback on this
first (https://github.com/macdonst/incubator-cordova-js/commit/4c0134b827386d028f53370b3f5006b222939e26)

So what do you guys think what the best way forward is?

-Daniel