From Michael Brooks <mich...@michaelbrooks.ca>
Subject Re: Request: Can we add the platform to cordova-js commits?
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 21:35:00 GMT
One common approach is to prefix each commit message with the category.

For the Hello World Cordova app, I've been using the following: [app],
[test], and [doc].

Examples of the usage are:
    $ commit -am "[app] Refactor the JavaScript."
    $ commit -am "[test] Add deviceready test case."
    $ commit -am "[doc] Update README.md with tagging details."

The approach can be applied to cordova-js, but for platforms: [android],
[bada], [blackberry], [common], [ios], [webos], [tizen], [wp7], whatever.
    $ commit -am "[common] Refactored Geolocation"
    $ commit -am "[wp7] Did something Windows Phone specific."

Michael