From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Keypress Refactoring
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 17:35:22 GMT
Hey

So, after going through the 2.1 keypress issue, it's clear that
there's certain buttons that just don't map to Javascript Events.  In
addition, the Android KeyCode mapping is totally different than the
WebKit KeyCode mapping, which leaves me with the following options:

1. Carry around a giant mapping file and arbitrarily map certain keys
(Gamepad on Xperia Play, Play/Pause/FastFwd) to existing keys
2. Fire a custom key event for the Android Platform and let the user
figure out the key events

I'm thinking the latter, since I don't think that having a giant JSON
mapping file is maintainable, nor is something that we want to do.
There may be other platforms (i.e. Windows 8) that also have these
issues, and there may be APIs in the future to help with this (GamePad
API), but right now it'd be good to give people some way of handling
these key events in Javascript.

Thoughts??

Joe