From Joe Bowser <bows...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Android] loadUrl, input methods and making the web a thread-safe place
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 16:59:25 GMT
If you use WebView.loadUrl("javascript://foo()"), loadUrl strips the
javascript:// and runs stringByEvaluatingJavaScriptFromString.  I
believe the reason that Google hides and obfuscates this is because it
can do some weird things with the UI that is rendered on top of it.
(i.e. Text/Password Boxes, Check Boxes, Select Buttons, etc).

I personally like the online and offline event overloading, as long as
we can keep real online and offline events working properly.  We did
have polling as a backup in the past with the jsPrompt overloaded.
While addJavascriptInterface is cleaner, I can see more backlash from
our community for breaking the emulator.  That should be taken in
consideration, although this only breaks the Google 2.3 emulator, and
I don't think it affects Motorola or Sony emulators, which devs should
be downloading anyway (unless they have an unlimited budget).