From Steven Gill <stevengil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cutting our first official apache release
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2012 20:11:55 GMT
Definitely doable. Only thing I have run into so far is that minor issue
with git archive.

If I do

git archive --format zip -o incubator-cordova-android.zip 2.1.0rc1
This will archive based on the 2.1.0rc1 tag. Problem is, some of these
repos don't get tagged currently. Specifically, qt, mac, mobile-spec. This
causes the git archive command to fail. We need to make sure we are tagging
those repos and have a VERSION file in the root of those repos.

Alternatively, I could add a check to see if a VERSION file is present and
updated to the current tag. If not, I could do a git archive --format zip
-o incubator-cordova-android.zip HEAD.

Other than this issue, I have an updated version of Coho on my machine that
pulls those repos, adds the readme and disclaimer files, zips + signs them.
Plan is to have 2.1 be an official apache release.

-Steve