From Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Media API on Android
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 13:07:11 GMT
Merged your changes into a branch based off of Apache HEAD this
morning and I'm going to test all the scenarios and get back to you.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Lorin Beer <lorin@adobe.com> wrote:
> alright, I've merged your changes with my patch, which still addresses a potential bug
(seekOnPrepared properly resets during the listener regardless of if playback begins or not)

> the pull request is here
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-cordova-android/pull/40
>
> On 2012-08-08, at 11:17 AM, Lorin Beer <lorin@adobe.com<mailto:lorin@adobe.com>>
wrote:

> CB-1048: Media.play reloads media source on every call
> CB-1048 should have been fixed by the patch referenced in the issue comments, please
let me know. I have a completed fix for CB-403 as well, but it was a fairly minor fix, just
a few lines. I'll send the pull request and you can decide if you want to use it.

> I believe CB-1129 is an issue with the Mobile Spec, and not native android.
>
> - Lorin
>
> On 2012-08-08, at 10:52 AM, Simon MacDonald <simon.macdonald@gmail.com<mailto:simon.macdonald@gmail.com>>
wrote:

> I have a feeling our changes are going to stomp all over each other.
> My current stream has fixes for the following issues:
>
> CB-1211: Media record uses a .mp3 extension when it is a .3gp file
> CB-1206: file uri not handled correctly by Media Player
> CB-1077: Media.getDuration fails intermittently
> CB-403: Media.seekTo on first play
> CB-1196: No onSuccess callback after a complete play of the local mp3 file
>
> and
>
> CB-1129: Streaming media requires two presses of "Plays" before beginning
>
> seems to be working as well. I'm looking into:
>
> CB-1048: Media.play reloads media source on every call
>
> right now. Then I need to do some more testing and polish up my test
> program before pushing any code.
>
> Simon Mac Donald
> http://hi.im/simonmacdonald
>

> On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 1:29 PM, Lorin Beer <lorin@adobe.com> wrote:
>
> Hey Simon,
>
> I've taken a look at the Media API as well. I submitted a patch addressing seekTo behaviour,
but it only fixed streaming media. I have another patch to fix both streaming and local media
seekTo.
> Generally speaking, one thing I found frustrating was a lack of explicitly defined behaviour
for the various states of a Media object. Developing a state transition diagram, then insuring
the behaviour conforms to it would be a good way to start.

> I've grabbed back a few issues which I was actively working on half complete solutions
for, and I'll submit a patch today/tomorrow, in particular CB-1129.