From Simon MacDonald <simon.macdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding a new option to the W3C contactOptions item
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 02:55:54 GMT
It's true. It is a major pain for Android as well where your contacts can
be from Google, Exchange, Twitter, Facebook, etc. I'm not a big fan of
trying of deviating from the W3C spec. Whenever we've done that we end up
running into problems see Media and FileTransfer for instance.

Instead, if you look at the latest version of the Contacts API spec:

http://www.w3.org/TR/contacts-api/

You now search for contacts using WebIntents (
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/web-intents/raw-file/tip/spec/Overview.html). It
would make more sense to me that we move towards the new spec. As part of
that spec when searching for a contact you can pass in "extras" one of
those "extras" could be the contact account type that you want to search
for.

Comments?

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald